Does this Sound Like You?
Your team members and fellow colleagues look up to you. Anyone who knows you says you have an infectious, positive attitude and that you take tremendous pride in everything you do. They describe you as relatable and easy-to-work with, and your relationships are built on communication, collaboration, and respect. When the day ends, you know you gave it your all and enabled others to do so as well. If this begins to describe you, keep reading…
We are located in downtown Rochester, NY. Candidates for full time staff positions must be available to work in our Rochester office.
What We Need: K12 Education Sales Representative
Importance of Role: The K12 Education Sales Representative leverages their personal passion for making an impact with exceptional interpersonal and sales skills to present a compelling case for school leaders to bring products like Election Edge and Martha Madison to their classrooms.
What’s Expected: Manage your assigned territory to deliver new business sales though thoughtful prospecting and following a defined sales process.
Reports to: CEO
The Basic Role Nuts & Bolts
- Sell Second Avenue education products to K-12 schools and districts
- Actively partner with school and district leaders to create ongoing, lasting relationships
- Plan, organize, and prioritize sales activities to achieve established sales KPIs
- Uncover new prospects through concentrated outbound campaigns.
- Close new business
- Develop and execute an account plan for identified opportunities
- Follow-up on marketing qualified leads from company email campaigns
- Present Second Ave product capabilities and impact to school and district leaders online
- Attend trade shows and events, and participate in event coordination
- Keep abreast of educational market developments and opportunities
- Understand current and emerging needs for interactive classroom materials and educational technology.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Former teaching experience a plus but not required
- Solid understanding and/or excitement to learn current and emerging trends in the education market, including digital technology and impact on academic achievement
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High integrity, organized, dedicated, hardworking, determined team player, ready to work in fast-paced small company passionate about improving educational outcomes
- Ability/willingness to travel (less than 10%)