Does This Sound Like You?
Anyone who knows you says you have an infectious positive attitude and that you take pride in everything you do. You are described as relatable, easy-to-work with, and personable—and that you keep cool under pressure. You are respected for challenging the status quo and know that setting the example for exemplary performance is part of your job. It’s not uncommon for someone on your team to say your style is refreshing and inspires achievement to the next level of personal success. Your relationships are built on trust, integrity, reliance, and honesty. When the day ends, you leave to go home and know you gave it your all—and enabled others to do so as well.
If you exemplify any of the elements noted above, we invite you to read further.
What We Need: Marketing Specialist
Importance of Role: The Marketing Specialist plays a significant role in the business, ensuring Second Avenue Learning offerings and thought leadership are accurately and professionally represented in the marketplace.
What’s Expected: An enthusiastic team player whose primary function is to enhance the reputation of Second Avenue Learning through the development and execution of marketing collateral, digital content, and communications projects.
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing & Development
- Engages communications verticals, such as social media, print, etc, to build a community of likeminded companies and individuals. To publicize news and offerings that advance the interests of the organization
- Promote products and services at appropriate conferences
- Produces and promotes marketing collateral, digital content, and op-ed pieces
- Interacts with the media on and as-needed basis
- Updates the company web site
- Manages print and online publications in alignment with SAL’s marketing objectives
- Produces advertising projects in support of the organization and its products
- Collect and report campaign-specific data and suggest changes to improve campaign results
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to work on client projects supporting marketing communications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or English (or related field) and/or…
- …experience in developing, executing, and monitoring marketing programs across a variety of channels and categories
- Excellent computer skills, with demonstrated ability in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Experience with HTML or other web publishing software
- Capable of multitasking in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel
- At least 1 year of professional experience in journalism, media or public relations, advertising, or marketing preferred.
- Still photography and video production experience desirable
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually light.