Does This Sound Like You?
Your team members and fellow colleagues look up to you. Anyone who knows you says you have an infectious positive attitude and that you take tremendous pride in everything you do. You are often described as relatable, easy-to-work with, and personable—and that you have a thirst for knowledge. You are respected for challenging the status quo and know that setting the example for exemplary performance is part of your job. Your relationships are built on communication, collaboration, and respect. When the day ends, you know you gave it your all—and enabled others to do so as well.
- What We Need: Project Coordinator
- Importance of Role: The Project Coordinator under the direction of the Manager of Customer Strategy and Engagement and works closely with the delivery team in the management of project delivery objectives to ensure that quality, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- What’s Expected: The Project Coordinator position is responsible for providing daily tracking of project status. This role has day-to-day responsibility for managing large projects, driving the team to meet project delivery schedules, and building customer relationships. This person will have to work closely with both internal team members and external subject matter experts (SMEs) to achieve project transparency and quality. In this role, the Project Coordinator will need to frequently collaborate and communicate with the Manager of Customer Strategy and Engagement and the management team to support company projects and ensure the highest level of value is being delivered consistently to each client. The Project Coordinator will ensure the quality and timely delivery of projects, will track quality assurance and other KPIs associated with his or her projects, and will report to clients on project goals and delivery expectations.
- Reports to: Manager of Customer Strategy and Engagement
The Basic Role Nuts & Bolts
- Drive the execution of projects by providing leadership, oversight, and support for project deliverables.
- Manage a large volume of content developed by subject matter experts and ensure quality and consistency standards are met across all files.
- Proactively detect project challenges and strive to solve them.
- Communicate with clients and writers regarding feedback and timelines. Manage customer expectations for quality and timely deliveries.
- Identify and preemptively address possible delays related to productivity, availability of materials, and unexpected changes in project scope.
- Support identifying, recruiting, and assign subject matter experts to projects and communicate project-specific expectations.
- Enforce our project management and delivery processes, removing impediments from their team and constantly improving our standards of work.
- Ensure consistent use of the company project tracking tool and assist with reporting when required.
- Work cross-functionally with a team of external subject matter experts and an internal team of quality assurance and accessibility experts to deliver projects.
- Help team learn from its experiences.
- Meeting facilitation, project communication, customer relationship management, change management.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- Prior experience in English language and composition or communications preferred
- Experience in a Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, SharePoint etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage client relationships and subject matter expert relationships via phone, video conferencing, and email
- Awareness of the client perspective; ability to maintain strong client and business relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task within projects with many moving parts
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel
- Must be “self-motivated” as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions
- Must be a team-player
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes
- Project Management certification (PMP or similar)
- Advanced knowledge of project management software tools (Smartsheet, JIRA, Slack, Excel)