QA Analyst/IT Tech
Does This Sound Like You?
You have a knack for finding bugs and find it rewarding. You’re excited to solve new problems and you love helping your team members succeed. You’re looking for a company where you can prove your skills (even though you may not have a lot of experience) and where you can grow along with the company. Anyone who knows you says you have an infectious positive attitude and that you take tremendous pride in everything you do. You are often described as relatable, easy-to-work with, and personable—and that you have a thirst for knowledge. You are respected for challenging the status quo and know that setting the example for exemplary performance is part of your job. Your relationships are built on communication, collaboration, and respect. When the day ends, you know you gave it your all—and enabled others to do so as well.
Importance of Role: The QA Analyst/IT Tech plays a significant role in ensuring the software we deliver is of the highest quality as well as ensuring our company systems are functioning smoothly and securely. This role has the opportunity to grow into a more senior position in either QA or IT.
What’s Expected: This position is responsible for the execution of test cases and thorough documentation of reproducible bugs. They will help assist team members with IT issues impacting their work environment. They will work with the QA Lead and the Director of Technology in order to balance their time between the shifting QA needs of our projects and any internal IT support requests.
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Basic Nuts & Bolts
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel
- Good communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be a team-player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to pick up new technologies and work with new systems quickly
- B.S. in IT or related degree or equivalent experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience in executing test cases
- Experience in creating test cases a plus
- Experience with automated testing a plus
- Skill with one or more scripting or programming languages (JS, Java, C#, python, etc)
- Experience in administrating Microsoft 365 a plus
- Experience in administrating Linux systems
- Experience in administrating cloud hosting systems (Google Cloud, Amazon AWS)
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows based PCs. Mac is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light.