Does This Sound Like You?
Your team members and fellow colleagues look up to you. Anyone who knows you says you have an infectious, positive attitude and that you take tremendous pride in everything you do. They describe you as relatable and easy-to-work with, and your relationships are built on communication, collaboration, and respect. When the day ends, you know you gave it your all and enabled others to do so as well. If this begins to describe you, keep reading…
There’s an exciting opportunity to join a well-established, independent educational technology firm with a national reputation. Second Avenue Learning is hiring for a Multimedia Artist to join their team in Rochester, NY.
The Multimedia Artist will work with creative leads and stakeholders to conceptualize ideas and assemble media assets into high-quality content that supports our various 2D, 3D, and UI/UX project needs. Must have a strong eye for design, composition, color theory, typography, animation, storytelling and pacing. In this position, you will concept and produce original graphics and 3D models/environments or take existing assets and create animations, simulations, training materials, and educational games and applications, among other products and marketing materials. Creatively, you must have a strong command of, and comfort with, multiple art styles and techniques ranging from highly stylized to very realistic, for clients in K-12 and higher education, healthcare, and the corporate sectors. Must be able to balance multiple projects within time and budget constraints. This is a great role for multimedia artists who thrive on variety and are interested in contributing to innovative ed tech solutions.
- Creates high quality, accurate art assets and final deliverables for client and internal projects
- Works with creative leads to champion artistic vision and establish project schedules and budgets
- Collaborates closely with other team members to ensure the best possible fusion of art and technology
- Creates sketches, artwork, illustrations, motion graphics, and 3D models/environments
- Designs animated characters and syncs characters’ movements to soundtracks or voiceovers
- Stays abreast of industry trends in art and technology and applies knowledge to projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area (graphic design, animation, multimedia design, fine art, or CGI and 3D modelling) or an equivalent portfolio of work demonstrating expertise in a related field
- Proven ability to model, texture, rig, light, and animate characters and objects, and integrate with video, simulation, application, or game
- Proven skill in 3D modeling and animation packages (Blender, Maya, Unity)
- Demonstrated understanding of storytelling, pacing, timing, body movement, facial expressions and visual language
- Proven expertise with Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, and other Adobe Creative Suite products
- Demonstrated eye for design, composition, color theory, typography and animation fundamentals
- Experience setting up production pipelines
- Solid foundation with all aspects of animation, editing, media archiving and media management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively and professionally interact within a team environment
- Ability to transform creative ideas and concepts into dynamic visual content
- Highly motivated self-starter with desire to improve and gain skills and ability to work independently with limited direction/supervision
- Ability to be flexible in schedule and adapt to frequent change
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to change directions quickly while maintaining and retaining the highest caliber of work
- Positive and professional work attitude
- Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Experience and expertise with medical illustration is a plus
- Familiarity and experience designing for accessibility is a plus
Second Avenue is a successful independent software company with a proven history of growth and market leadership in the educational technology space. We employ talented, motivated, and innovative people that are focused on delivering superior solutions to our clients and are passionate about working with other highly talented and skilled professionals in team environments. If you are seeking an opportunity to join a winning team and develop your career, then Second Avenue Learning may be a fit for you. We have a pleasant and casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun.
If you are interested and qualified, please use this form to send us a cover letter with your availability and resume.