Does This Sound Like You?
Your team members and fellow colleagues look up to you and seek you out for guidance and advice on projects and process development. Anyone who knows you says you have an infectious positive attitude and that you take tremendous pride in everything you do. You are often described as relatable, easy-to-work with, and personable—and that you keep cool under pressure. You are respected for challenging the status quo and know that setting the example for exemplary performance is part of your job. It’s not uncommon for someone on your team to say your style of managing is refreshing and you inspire them to excel and achieve that next level of personal success. Employees see you as a mentor, someone they can learn from to help build their career and pursue their passions in life. Your relationships are built on trust, integrity, reliance, and honesty. When the day ends, you leave to go home and know you gave it your all—and enabled others to do so as well.
If you exemplify any of the elements noted above, we invite you to read further.
- What We Need: Project Manager
- Importance of Role: The Project Manager plays a significant role in the business, ensuring client satisfaction and on-time, on-budget delivery of projects.
- What’s Expected: The Project Manager position is responsible for providing daily management of client projects. This person must work closely with both internal teams and external Clients. In this role, the Project Manager will need to frequently collaborate and communicate with the Finance team, the Director of Technology and the Director of Business Development to support company growth plans and ensure the highest level of value is being delivered consistently to each Client.
- Reports to: President & CEO
- Provide a level of responsiveness that makes everyone who interacts with you know the immense respect that you, and the company, have for them personally
- Manage your time and those you work with (internally and externally) effectively, recognizing it is the only asset of which we cannot get more
- Ensure implementation and continuous improvement of business processes
- Provide project management direction and delivery as well as performing periodic audits to ensure compliance with service delivery targets and technical services as defined in agreements
- Ensure business issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner, appropriate follow-up communication occurs, and preventative measures are implemented to avoid recurrence
- Provide support for major projects; participate in C-Level/Director Level client meetings and presentations, due diligence exercises, contract negotiations, and risks review
- Be proactive in detecting problems and striving to solve them
- Responsible for enforcing the principles of Agile/Scrum, removing impediments from the team while promoting self-management and constantly improving our standards of work
- Ensure consistent use of the company tracking tools and regular reporting
- B.S. or equivalent experience required, Masters degree preferred
- Previous experience in software development project management (preferably large-scale enterprise software projects)
- Capable of multitasking with rapidly changing priorities and manage multiple projects/tasks in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Detail-oriented and able to manage and maintain all facets of complex assignments
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel
- Must be “self-motivated” as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be a team-player
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes
- Project Management certification (PMP or similar)
- Advanced knowledge of project management software tools (Smartsheet, JIRA, Slack, Excel)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
If you are interested and qualified, please use this form to send us a cover letter with your availability and resume.