Subject Matter Expert – Computer Science Content Reviewer
Are you a motivated computer science subject matter expert?
Are you passionate about improving learner outcomes?
Would you like to shape the future of computer science education?
If this sounds like you, we invite you to join Second Avenue Learning’s network of Subject Matter Experts!
As a Computer Science Subject Matter Expert with Second Avenue Learning, you will work with our team to review and evaluate a computer science curriculum designed to help non-traditional learners become computer science experts. Your subject matter expertise, writing and coding skills, motivation for learning, and passion for education will drive the success of a new program we are developing for one of our partners!
Responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with instructional designers, artists, and software engineers to review course content and to ensure that the content meets and exceeds current standards.
- Evaluating pre-work learning assets, reinforcement activities and assessment to provide feedback to your peers.
- Brainstorming new and innovative ideas to improve learner outcomes.
- Evaluating content against learning objectives and ensure that the assessment strategies that will align with improving student outcomes.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to other subject matter experts to make sure we build curriculum that is of the highest quality.
- Reporting areas of improvement to the Second Avenue Learning Team so that we can improve our and our partners’ products.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in computer science or IT preferred.
- Java experience required
- Experience in classroom teaching in K-12, College, or University levels preferred
- Experience utilizing your computer science knowledge in industry
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong motivation to improve computer science education
- Experience writing content for online programs or standardized tests a plus
If you are interested and qualified, please use this form to send us a cover letter with your availability and resume.